We have an opportunity for a Financial Controller to work for our client in a luxury Beach & Golf Resort which offers unparalleled hospitality and lifestyle from pristine beaches to top-tier amenities and exhilarating experiences on the Kenyan coast.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director and Hotel General Manager, the Financial Controller will be responsible for safeguarding the hotel assets and financial resources to ensure that all are utilized to maximize revenues and hotel profitability. As a part of the Hotel Leadership team, the FC will contribute to key strategic and operational decisions for the Hotel or Resort.
- Ensure the preparation of a comprehensive monthly and annual reporting of financial results of the hotel in established corporate formats and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and as required by the hotel management agreement.
- Maintain files on all contracts, leases and agreements and ensure compliance with their requirements; ensure proper authorization has been obtained for all hotel specific contracts (including Engineering), leases and other agreements and competitive bids are on file where applicable and reviewed prior to execution of contract.
- Assist General Manager in establishing policies, procedures, rules, internal controls and safeguards that are beneficial to the business.
- As appropriate, based on the hotel’s accounting on behalf of owners, interest accruals on long-term debt may be recorded on the hotel’s books; the Financial Controller should ensure accuracy of the unpaid balance and applicable interest rate, and accrue the expense to the Interest Expense line item and record the corresponding liability in the Accrued Interest liability account.
- Ensure compliance with the Uniform System of Accounts for Hotels as modified from time to time, or as per local GAAP.
- Ensure that an organization meets the necessary tax, permit and all other relevant resort licensing requirements.
This position is open to local or expat candidates. Full Board is offered on a single basis.
A full job description and further details available upon application. Please contact Andrea at email@example.com or +44 208 600 1161 if you are interested, with contact details and available times to speak.