Our client is a Financial Services company specialising in restaurant chains with over 100 cost centres in total.
They now have a great opportunity to join their company as Head of Finance. There are big expansion plans for their clients and the successful candidate will play a big part in ensuring the company is able to provide all financial support that they need.
The day to day duties will include the below:
- Management and production of the annual budgets for their main client. Coordinating with Management accounts, Operations & Board members.
- Project Lead for the new accounting system implementation. Dealing directly with X Ledger, making sure systems are set up correctly, making sure training has been done and checked and then ensuring the team are trained up and the “go live” for all companies goes smoothly.
- Support all the team leaders with their staff.
- Support and management of all external reporting – statutory audits, Tax Corporate, VAT and payroll, Companies House and other regulatory requirements.
- Support and management of all reporting to clients whether weekly, periodically , monthly or annually. Preparing Board packs, Forecasting & any further analysis requested.
- Overseeing, developing and documenting the company’s internal control framework
A team player. You will need to be positive, pragmatic, proactive and flexible whilst having the ability to problem solve in a constructive and effective manner. Additionally, having great time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks in a fast paced changing environment whilst most importantly, ensuring that work produced is of the highest quality. Excellent verbal/written communication skills will be key to help build the trust and strong relationships with the company and their clients. In return a competitive salary is offered along flexible working – at least one day / week at home. Healthcare and restaurant discounts.
Skills and Experience:
- Be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with a minimum of 3-5+ years of combined accounting and finance experience in a commercial environment.
- At least 2 years experience working within the hospitality industry in a multi site (50+) company.
- Multi-site experience, with significant staff management experience.
- Have managed a team of employees(5+) dealing with their development and advancement.
- Ability to demonstrate financial and commercial acumen.
- Strong knowledge of accounting software user skills and advanced working knowledge with Excel and proficient in other Microsoft applications.
- Dealt with a new accounting system implantation or a project of something similar
- Experience as the key direct contact to senior stakeholders outside finance and/ or having multiple stakeholders.
- Good time management and organizational skills, with the ability to multi task, work under pressure and plan workflows accordingly for yourself and the wider team.
- Demonstrated excellent attitude in wanting to learn and develop own skills.
For more information or to apply, please contact Tairona at email@example.com or call on +44 20 8600 1160
Set in the heart of the Oxfordshire countryside, our client is the operator of a country house hotel featuring 110 rooms with extensive F&B outlets, spa, health club and private members’ club.
Closed at present, the hotel is scheduled to open in April 2023, and they are seeking a Finance Director who will ideally start in September / October 2022.
This will be a standalone business, so our client requires a Finance Director who is experienced in producing statutory accounts and able to work very independently. Hence their requirement for a qualified accountant.
The key responsibilities for this role will include but are not limited to:
- Managing the pre-opening budget, in tandem with the project team; setting up the accounting team, processes and systems
- Overseeing a finance team of 10 positions, including the purchasing / cost control department
- Pro-actively support the General Manager and finance team in strategic planning, focusing on value opportunities
- Ensure reporting that incorporates benchmarking, identification and measurement of key performance indicators and use of balanced scorecard
- Provide focused, innovative, and value-adding Management Reporting and Analysis
- Lead the Planning and Forecasting process and ensure that financial plans are consistent with the strategic objectives
- Supporting and answering questions and providing assistance to stakeholders, management and members as needed
- Assuring completion of weekly scheduling to ensure labour costs are in line with budget
- Being responsible for effective people practices including but not limited to recruitment, onboarding, training, employee engagement, performance and experience
A full job description will be shared upon application.
For more information or to apply, please contact Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 20 8600 1160
Our client oversees the management of two iconic hotels in central London and are now looking to hire an Area Director of Finance to join the team.
Reporting to the General Managers / Regional Finance Director, the Area Director of Finance will be responsible for providing financial leadership for the Hotels by supplying management with analysis, guidance, training.
Ownership relations are a vital part of this role, coordinating quarterly group reporting with ultimate ownership representatives and generally as main point of contact (together with the General Managers) for all ownership enquiries.
The successful candidate will be responsible for focusing on the profitability of the business, maintaining accurate and timely financial reporting, ensuring efficient internal controls, ensuring compliance with all local and international financial regulations, safeguarding owners/investors assets.
They will also take the leadership of Accounting and Payroll departments at both the hotels.
A full job description can be shared upon application.
Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Full service hotel experience as Director of Finance with related progressive experience in hotel Accounting
- Maintain ownership relationship together with the General Manager and ExCom team as a main point of contact representing the operator
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level of attention to detail across both properties
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other executive committee members, department heads and employees
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
For more information or to apply, please contact Chris at email@example.com or call on +44 208 600 1160
Our client, owner of a luxury hotel group, is seeking an Experienced Resort Financial Controller to head up their accounting team at one of their best performing properties based in Western USA.
Reporting to the General Manager and Regional Financial Controller, the on-site head of department will be responsible for overall daily administration of the accounting department and its functions including accurate and timely reporting, including the production of daily reports.
The role of Financial Controller will oversee the following positions:
- Financial Analyst/Cost Controller
- Accounts Payable Clerk/Cashier
- Night Auditors
- Warehouse/Service Building Supervisor
- Must have strong organizational skills and knowledge of standard filing systems with excellent verbal and written skills
- Knowledge of or experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Opera
- Must handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Candidates must also have the right to work in the USA
For more information or to apply, please contact Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 7714 236469
In conjuction with our Swiss partners, we are seeking to hire an Assistant Finance Manager to join a luxury hotel company. This is a great opportunity for a candidate who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a young and international team. The corporate accounting team are responsible for multiple corporate entities that are based in Germany and Switzerland, and the role offers the opportunity to gain experience in a multiple-entity environment.
- The position can be home based so relocation is not required but candidates must be able to travel as necessary
- Candidates should also be fluent in German
The Primary duties of the role are:
- To assist in day-to-day finance operations and to provide financial, administrative and clerical services. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure a smooth running of the company ‘ s finance function.
- All corporate bank accounts, processing daily journal entries and reconciliations.
- Record fixed assets acquisitions in the accounting system at month end, book the monthly depreciation, reconcile the balance in the fixed assets register with the balance sheet, conduct annual reviews of potential disposals and process asset retirements at the end of the year.
- Monthly inter-company reconciliation of all open receivables and payables and P&L transactions and participate in the entire coordination with the different subsidiaries by reviewing and challenging existing processes and procedures.
- Prepare monthly and/or quarterly VAT returns for the entities in Germany, Switzerland, U.A.E. and Russia in an accurate and timely manner. This includes reconciling VAT GL accounts to ensure those are in line with returns submitted and that outstanding amounts are being paid or recovered on a timely basis.
- Review and challenge existing VAT processes and procedures.
- Provide assistance to the Finance Manager in the supervision and location of tasks to the corporate finance team (5 people), to ensure a smooth and timely execution of all accounting processes and keeping closing deadlines.
- Help to ensure that the internal control procedures (JCS) are well documented and monitor, train and implement such measures on a regular basis within accounting
- Assist with annual year-end audit by completing requested reports and documents. Together with the Finance Manager being a main point of contact for the auditors during the annual audit process.
In addition to this, the Assistant Finance Manager will also:
- Be responsible for the administration of accounting system.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly statistics for Switzerland and Germany.
- Ensure that the GL ledger reports are up to date by actively researching and resolving any discrepancies.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end closings (including reconciliations and analysis) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist the Finance Manager with organizing the accounting department, maintenance of account ledgers and ad hoc projects.
- Additional responsibilities and ad-hoc tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the corporate office
A competitive salary will be offered for this position.
For more information or to apply, please contact Andrea at email@example.com or call on +44 7714 236469
We are seeking on behalf of our client a Cluster Hotel Controller to look after two hotels in Hertfordshire. One of which has recently reopened in June after a multi-million refurbishment and change of management.
As part of the opening team, this position is vital in launching both the property product and the culture that the new brand wishes to deliver. They will also be a key member of the management team at the other property and will split their time between both hotels – 2 / 3 days per week in each. Initially no flexibility to work remotely, but in time this may be possible.
As a key member to the team he / she will work together with the other managers and senior people at both hotels to continually improve guest and team player satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility.
At both hotels there are straight forward accounting processes/ procedures. This includes: Financial Management, Revenue Control, Purchasing Control, Food & Beverage Control and general administration.
- Hotel experience is necessity.
- Financial Management and reporting experience whilst controlling costs within a hotel environment.
- Confidence in liaising with different types of people.
- Must be passionate about our customers’ experience.
- Can demonstrate organisational skills.
- Computer literate.
For more information or to apply, please contact Tairona at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 20 8600 1164
Our client is a five star luxury hotel and is one of London’s most iconic hotels.
They now have a vacancy to join the finance team as Assistant Financial Controller. In this position, the successful candidate will assist the Financial Controller in the administration of all aspects of the Hotel’s operation that are regarded under the Finance remit, to ensure that all policies and procedures are observed.
Main duties include:
- Review monthly financial statements and analyse variances between actuals and budget for all revenues, expenditures and payroll.
- To oversee the preparation of the monthly Profit and Loss Statement summary. To write P&L comments and distribute P&L pack by the 5th working day of the following month.
- Arrange Interest loan payments as per schedule and any other payments as required.
- Prepare Priority Payments and maintain records.
- Ensure that Pension contributions are sent monthly and that records are kept of these.
- Oversee statutory information submission on time as required (PSA, TSA, PAYE, VAT, P35, P11Ds, P14s, National Statistics office data, Payment Practices Reporting, Gender Gap reporting, etc)
- To oversee reconciliation of Inter-Company Accounts prior to Month closing through liaising with other hotels and companies directly. Any discrepancies should be brought to the attention of the Financial Controller.
- To deputise in the absence of the Financial Controller.
- Assist and provide financial guidance in the formulation and implementation of the hotel budget and Departmental Budgets and to manage relevant budgets appropriately.
- To assist the FC to collect data and collate the hotel Capital Expenditure Budget for every year.
- Assist the Financial Controller in performing analytical review of weak or under-performing areas within the operation with a view to achieving increased profitability.
- Assist the Financial Controller in establishing policies, guidelines, internal controls and safeguards that ensure profitability and efficiency is maximised. Report any weak areas or discrepancies of such controls and procedures to the Financial Controller promptly.
- Must have self accounting experience
- Previous experience working in a luxury hotel environment
- Experience managing a team
- Good communication and training skills
Candidates should also be able to legally work in the UK.
Fore more information or to apply, please contact Chris at email@example.com or call on +44 20 8600 1160
Our client is a specialist European hotel investment vehicle which owns one of the best quality hotel portfolios in Europe. They are now seeking to hire an Asset Management Analyst to support the asset management and operations teams.
Reporting to the Director of Asset Management & Operations, the primary responsibilities include the creation and maintenance of detailed and actionable models to assist the asset management team in reaching its financial and operational objectives. In addition, this role focuses on the management of business intelligence infrastructure and is responsible for data feeds and the development of analytics. Such data will be used to provide financial analysis to assess asset performance and conduct benchmarking to evaluate the wider competitive landscape. This role will also support the preparation and dissemination of reports and approval documentation tailored to the specific needs of individual stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree is a requirement, with a focus in Hospitality Management as a plus.
- Position requires knowledge of the lodging and hospitality industry as well as return on investment principles.
- No less than 2 years of relevant experience in a hotel and/or an asset management company.
- Strong computer skills with an emphasis on spreadsheet modelling. Experience with BI software is a plus.
- Relevant experience with software implementation projects.
- Strong investigative reporting and writing abilities.
- Understanding of hotel accounting and hotel operations.
- Demonstrated evidence of solid financial and analytical acumen, with a strong attention to detail.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English. Spanish is desirable. Knowledge of other European languages is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize projects is critical.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a professional manner.
- Strong team player and passionate to provide assistance where needed.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Sensitivity to and respect for the confidential nature of the subject matter of the job and the Department.
Fore more information or to apply, please contact Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 20 8600 1160
Our client is an Accounting Services Startup, focusing on Owner Managed SMEs. They are now seeking to hire a Finance Manager to join the finance team, based at their Head Office in London.
As Finance Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the team in providing great client service. Supporting the Founder in growing the business through existing client growth and new clients. Ensuring the company is compliant with all relevant regulations and procedures. Provide line management, mentoring and support to a team of Assistant Accountants, maintaining a lively, professional working environment for everyone.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and annual profit and loss analysis, balance sheet analysis, forecast and budget variance reporting for both corporate and independent operations
- Accountability for accuracy of clients’ bookkeeping
- Oversee client statutory account preparation and corporation tax returns
- Delivery of Client Acceptance Procedures
- Onboarding of all new clients, including setup of processes and migration onto Company Accounting Systems
- Ensuring appropriate documentation for new starters is in place, including contractors
- Continuous improvement of reporting tools and models used by the team, to drive improved compliance and efficiency
- Maintenance of high-quality process documentation related to consolidation and reporting activities
- Take ownership of training and development for Assistant Accountants, ensuring they are performing well, motivated and overseeing their professional qualification progress
- Prepare and complete Terms of Engagement for all Clients
- Support the Director in conducting on site client visits to support the clients
- Responsibility for Client Profitability Tracking to inform the Director on fee reviews; ensure Timesheets are completed by all Team Members
- Support the Director in ensuring the Firm’s procedures and processes are fit for purpose and compliant with rules of the Supervisory Body (currently ICAS)
- Support the Director in identifying growth opportunities with current clients and new cli
Additional Skills and Qualifications:
- Possess an inquisitive & analytical mind, excellent organizational skills, flexible & detail-oriented attitude combined with strong analytical & information analysis skills and a proven ability to interact with a diverse range of people in a professional manner.
- Managing relationships, reporting to senior managers, joint venture partners, lenders and auditors
Candidates should be able to legally work in the UK.
For more information or to apply, please contact Tairona at email@example.com or call on +44 20 8600 1164
Our client is an international luxury hotel and resort operator with exclusive properties across the world.
One such resort is located in the jewel of Europe’s most fashionable new riviera. With majestic mountains and breathtaking beaches, Montenegro is fast becoming the new must-visit destination.
They now wish to hire a Director of Finance to join the team who will work alongside the General Manager to maintain the highest standards of service and operational efficiency within all areas of responsibility.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer the successful candidate will establish control procedures in all areas of Resort operation and accounting, maintain and develop the Financial Team to achieve set objectives for the sound conduct of the business and foster good relationships with Owners as well as the Corporate Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize the whole financial aspect of the Hotel in all departments
- Establish proper procedures and guidelines in terms of Purchasing, Capital Expenditure planning and implementation, annual budgets and forecasts
- Establish new IT procedure and the setup of IT System that would establish Control and Procedures
- Create new IT files for implementation so as to gain time and generate an increase in efficiency meeting the reporting needs of the Company
- Controlling the payroll burden of the company and oversee the preparation of the monthly hotel payroll
- To be IT proficient in hospitality PMS, POS and Accounting Software Systems
- Responsible for the preparation of the month end reporting to the Global Office and the Owners
- Ensure that all control procedures relating to the inventory, purchase and payable ledgers are adhered to at all times, and any discrepancies are reported to your superior immediately.
- Monitor and review purchasing, delivery and requisitioning procedures
- Directs and assists in conducting the regular stock takes within the Food & Beverage, Housekeeping and other Inventoried Departments on a monthly basis in accordance with schedules set by your immediate Supervisor
- Ensure at all times that the Accounting system reflects the revenue and statistical figures of the Property Management System
- Ensure that accurate reconciliation of all Balance Sheet accounts for each month end are prepared
- Conduct the establishment of the yearly Budgets and Forecasts with the Excom, Director of Sales and General Manager
- Prepares monthly revenue reports for Management and Global Office
- Ensure the Fixed assets registry is up to date
- Coordinates the collection and preparation of all statistical data required by the General Manager
- Oversee the preparation of the weekly Cash flow projection and monitoring thereof
- Work closely with the General Manager in all related matters concerning the good function of the department and hotel financial operation, as well as the maintenance of good working relationships with the Owners and Management Company
General Accounting functions
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of the month end accounting package.
- Ensure that financial controls are adhered to and developed alongside the business.
- Control and seek to reduce all operating costs of all departments in the hotel whilst maintaining standards set
- Ensures that the Accounting department and any other department are respecting the Hotel accounting policies and procedures at all time
- Ensures that all accounting entries are made according to the Uniform System of Account and or to the guidelines provided by Global Office or the Executive Vice President of Global Finance
- Responsible for the revenues received and dispersed in all departments under his/her direct supervision by maintaining proper internal controls and auditing procedures
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- To have excellent numeric, literacy and keyboard skills, possessing Microsoft Word, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint (essential) and a knowledge of IS systems such as Accounting Software and Micros POS system (Opera/Fidelio is desirable)
- To be knowledgeable in advanced computer set up, such as MS Macros, Networking, Servers and Hyperion
- Minimum of 5 years-accounting experience and previous accounting experience at a director/managerial level
- Proven leadership and coaching skills with a track record of developing a highly motivated and cross-trained group of progressive accounting professionals
For more information or to apply, please contact Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 7714 236 469