The position of Assistant Finance Manager is a great opportunity for a candidate who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a young and international team. The corporate accounting team are responsible for multiple corporate entities that are based in Germany and Switzerland, and the role offers the opportunity to gain experience in a multiple-entity environment.
- The position can be home based so relocation is not required but candidates must be able to travel as necessary
- Candidates should also be fluent in German
The Primary duties of the role are:
- To assist in day-to-day finance operations and to provide financial, administrative and clerical services. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure a smooth running of the company ‘ s finance function.
- All corporate bank accounts, processing daily journal entries and reconciliations.
- Record fixed assets acquisitions in the accounting system at month end, book the monthly depreciation, reconcile the balance in the fixed assets register with the balance sheet, conduct annual reviews of potential disposals and process asset retirements at the end of the year.
- Monthly inter-company reconciliation of all open receivables and payables and P&L transactions and participate in the entire coordination with the different subsidiaries by reviewing and challenging existing processes and procedures.
- Prepare monthly and/or quarterly VAT returns for the entities in Germany, Switzerland, U.A.E. and Russia in an accurate and timely manner. This includes reconciling VAT GL accounts to ensure those are in line with returns submitted and that outstanding amounts are being paid or recovered on a timely basis.
- Review and challenge existing VAT processes and procedures.
- Provide assistance to the Finance Manager in the supervision and location of tasks to the corporate finance team (5 people), to ensure a smooth and timely execution of all accounting processes and keeping closing deadlines.
- Help to ensure that the internal control procedures (JCS) are well documented and monitor, train and implement such measures on a regular basis within accounting
- Assist with annual year-end audit by completing requested reports and documents. Together with the Finance Manager being a main point of contact for the auditors during the annual audit process.
In addition to this, the Assistant Finance Manager will also:
- Be responsible for the administration of accounting system.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly statistics for Switzerland and Germany.
- Ensure that the GL ledger reports are up to date by actively researching and resolving any discrepancies.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end closings (including reconciliations and analysis) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist the Finance Manager with organizing the accounting department, maintenance of account ledgers and ad hoc projects.
- Additional responsibilities and ad-hoc tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the corporate office
A competitive salary will be offered for this position.
For more information or to apply, please contact Andrea at email@example.com or call on +44 7714 236469