Our client is a London-based rapidly expanding lifestyle hotel group leading the pack in new ways of travel. We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Area Director of Finance to join the NY finance team and oversee the financial operations of 2 New York City hotels that are both actively trading and very successful in their own rite.
The Area Director of Finance will play a critical role in ensuring the financial success and growth of these properties while maintaining the highest standards of financial integrity.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Financial Strategy and Planning
- Cost Control, Cash Flow and Expense Management
- Financial Compliance
- Team Leadership and Development
- Strategic Partnerships
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Hospitality, or a related field (Master’s preferred)
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in finance, including at least 4 years in a leadership role
- Strong knowledge of hotel financial operations
- Proficiency in financial software and systems (e.g., Excel, financial reporting tools)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and team management abilities
- Be highly commercial
- Have a genuine interest and enthusiasm for what you do
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
Salary: Excellent Base Salary and benefits
For a full job description, please send your send your resume to Andrea at email@example.com or cell number and a time you can speak.
This position has now been filled. Please check our latest job opportunities here
Located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, our client taken over a luxury boutique hotel that is currently undergoing a refurbishment and rebranding. Scheduled to open at the end of 2023 / early January 2024, they are seeking to hire a Director of Finance to join the team.
Reporting into the General Manager as well as Corporate Office including CFO and owners of the group, the Director of Finance will be responsible for overseeing all accounting and financial aspects of the company in line with strategic objectives. They represent the financial authority in the company, upholding the integrity of fiscal data, ensuring transparency and accountability. They collaborate closely with the General Manager and the hotel team, providing financial information and advice with the aim of maximizing value. They work proactively with the GM and management to shape the overall strategy of the company. Their main responsibilities include managing the accounting records and financial reports, providing an effective control, developing best practice financial accounting and control procedures, as well as advising and developing their team. They coordinate activities with external parties and financial services hired or contracted by the company.
Direct reports in to this position include Accounts, Cost control, Purchasing, They will also work closely with other departments on issues relating to costs, revenues and cash flow, particularly Sales & Marketing, Food & Beverage, Housekeeping, Front Office and HR.
This role would suit someone who has excellent leadership skills, is analytical and has excellent problem solving skills
- Significant experience in finance with at least 5 years at senior management level
- Excellent finance, accounting and analytical skills, including experience with cash management, forecasting, revenue management strategies, capital expenditure planning, budgeting and project management
- Experience in managing professional staff
- Previous experience working in finance and accounting within the hospitality, hotel or service industry
- Previously held position as Director of Finance or Assistant Director of Finance
- Degree-level education in a relevant discipline
- Certified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification
- Postgraduate qualification/ MBA in a relevant field
- Technical savvy with strong Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel
- Excellent verbal, writing and presentation skills
- Firm knowledge of internal controls that are in line with the group
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience with accounting system software (desirable)
- Willingness to travel (desirable)
For more information or to apply, please contact Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 20 8600 1161