Our client is a hotel operator with hotels situated across the UK and Ireland. They now have an opportunity for a Cluster Financial Controller to be based in Manchester.
The Cluster Financial Controller is expected to ensure the efficient running of the finance function within their hotels with responsibilities including:
- Clear and consistent management of controls and compliance
- Ensuring that the high level of reporting standards are being maintained
- Provide business acumen to parties both within and outside the finance function to ensure that risk is mitigated and opportunity taken
- Partner with the GM’s and other non-finance related disciplines to deliver on the overall objectives of the business
The successful candidate will also need to set out clear and concise instruction as to the role of their resources having a communication plan that sets out the objectives, goals and progress being made. This should include the business plans and strategy in the following areas:
- Commercial Focus
- Controls & Compliance
- Month End
- Weekly Tasks
- People Focus
- Co-ordinate the Year End and Interim Audit processes of the portfolio including the review and sign-off of information being submitted to External Auditors
- Budgeting / Interim Presentations – detailed reviews before submission. Ensure that the numbers make sense and reflect the strategy of the property.
- Assist with the capital expenditure process, work with GM’s and senior team members to ensure accuracy of applications and submissions of requests.
- ESG responsibility to include the monitoring of energy, gas, water & waste. To effectively communicate consumption and to fully support the ESG committee.
For more information or to apply, please contact Tairona at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 20 8600 1164