Finance Director, Oxfordshire – Position Filled
This position has now been filled. Please check our latest job opportunities here
Set in the heart of the Oxfordshire countryside, our client is the operator of a country house hotel featuring 110 rooms with extensive F&B outlets, spa, health club and private members’ club.
Closed at present, the hotel is scheduled to open in April 2023, and they are seeking a Finance Director who will ideally start in September / October 2022.
This will be a standalone business, so our client requires a Finance Director who is experienced in producing statutory accounts and able to work very independently. Hence their requirement for a qualified accountant.
The key responsibilities for this role will include but are not limited to:
- Managing the pre-opening budget, in tandem with the project team; setting up the accounting team, processes and systems
- Overseeing a finance team of 10 positions, including the purchasing / cost control department
- Pro-actively support the General Manager and finance team in strategic planning, focusing on value opportunities
- Ensure reporting that incorporates benchmarking, identification and measurement of key performance indicators and use of balanced scorecard
- Provide focused, innovative, and value-adding Management Reporting and Analysis
- Lead the Planning and Forecasting process and ensure that financial plans are consistent with the strategic objectives
- Supporting and answering questions and providing assistance to stakeholders, management and members as needed
- Assuring completion of weekly scheduling to ensure labour costs are in line with budget
- Being responsible for effective people practices including but not limited to recruitment, onboarding, training, employee engagement, performance and experience
A full job description will be shared upon application.