Assistant Financial Controller, London – Position Filled
Our client is a five star luxury hotel and is one of London’s most iconic hotels.
They now have a vacancy to join the finance team as Assistant Financial Controller. In this position, the successful candidate will assist the Financial Controller in the administration of all aspects of the Hotel’s operation that are regarded under the Finance remit, to ensure that all policies and procedures are observed.
Main duties include:
- Review monthly financial statements and analyse variances between actuals and budget for all revenues, expenditures and payroll.
- To oversee the preparation of the monthly Profit and Loss Statement summary. To write P&L comments and distribute P&L pack by the 5th working day of the following month.
- Arrange Interest loan payments as per schedule and any other payments as required.
- Prepare Priority Payments and maintain records.
- Ensure that Pension contributions are sent monthly and that records are kept of these.
- Oversee statutory information submission on time as required (PSA, TSA, PAYE, VAT, P35, P11Ds, P14s, National Statistics office data, Payment Practices Reporting, Gender Gap reporting, etc)
- To oversee reconciliation of Inter-Company Accounts prior to Month closing through liaising with other hotels and companies directly. Any discrepancies should be brought to the attention of the Financial Controller.
- To deputise in the absence of the Financial Controller.
- Assist and provide financial guidance in the formulation and implementation of the hotel budget and Departmental Budgets and to manage relevant budgets appropriately.
- To assist the FC to collect data and collate the hotel Capital Expenditure Budget for every year.
- Assist the Financial Controller in performing analytical review of weak or under-performing areas within the operation with a view to achieving increased profitability.
- Assist the Financial Controller in establishing policies, guidelines, internal controls and safeguards that ensure profitability and efficiency is maximised. Report any weak areas or discrepancies of such controls and procedures to the Financial Controller promptly.
- Must have self accounting experience
- Previous experience working in a luxury hotel environment
- Experience managing a team
- Good communication and training skills
Candidates should also be able to legally work in the UK.