Financial Controller, London – Position Filled
This position has now been filled. Please check our latest job opportunities here
Our client is a hospitality and leisure company that operates luxury hotels, train services and river cruises worldwide.
They now have a opportunity for a Financial Controller to join the Finance team at their office in London. This position offers a Hybrid working system- three days in the office and two days working from home.
The role of Financial Controller is responsible for the management of all finance functions, including General Ledger, Revenue Accounting, Inventory, Cash Management, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Taxation (TOMS), and preparing information that will assist management in making educated decisions.
- Working with the Head of Departments (HODs), the GM, Divisional Director of Finance and the VP Trains and Cruises to ensure the business operates effectively and efficiently.
- Manage Capital Expenditure Approval Process and Fixed Asset Register.
- Preparation of comprehensive monthly reports of the entire financial results of the business in established corporate formats and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (local and as established by Corporate Office).
- Prepare forecasts and budgets as required either locally or by the corporate office and to report any deviation of over-expenditure, under-budgeting or non-compliance to the approved budget to the General Manager, Divisional Director of Finance and VP, Trains and Cruises.
- Preparation of Cashflow and Balance Sheet forecasts in Adaptive as and when required.
- Assist the FC, Central Accounting Services in the preparation and control of statutory accounts of VSOE Ltd
- Work with the HODs and GM to identify EBITDA enhancing projects;
- Evaluate the performance of Finance personnel with a view towards development and an emphasis on those individuals qualifying for future advancement.
- Assist the Divisional Director of Finance in implementing policies, rules, internal controls and safeguards that ensure profitability and control of operations.
A full job description will be shared upon application
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience working as a Financial Controller or in a similar role
- A degree or diploma in accounting from a recognised tertiary educational institution
- Experience in managing a team
- Hospitality experience advantageous, preferably in a 5-star environment
- An ability to communicate with all levels of staff and service providers
- VAT and Income Tax knowledge advantageous
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and prioritise
- Accurate data entry & advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience in balance sheets and familiarity of accounting systems
- Group Income Protection – Group Life Insurance – Employer contribution pension
- Hybrid working
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
For more information or to apply, please contact Tairona at email@example.com or call on +44 20 8600 1164