Assistant Financial Controller, London – Position Filled
This position has now been filled. Please check our latest job opportunities here
Our client is a hospitality and leisure company that operates luxury hotels, train services and river cruises worldwide.
They now have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Financial Controller to join the Finance team at their Head Office in London. This position offers a Hybrid working system- three days in the office and two days working from home.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the management of all Central functions for the Trains and Cruises business units, including, General Ledger, Revenue Accounting, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Taxation, Cash Management and the preparation of information that will assist management in making educated decisions.
- Balancing of the passenger ticket revenue, deferred revenue, credit card refunds, discounts, cancellation revenue, rate discrepancy report and miscellaneous charges and staff charges to Travel Studio.
- Overseeing the completion of daily banking tasks to ensure that all receipts recorded in Travel Studio posted by the Revenue and Central Accountant have been correctly reflected in the bank/credit card accounts.
- Communicating the monthly revenues and ensure that all revenues are reviewed and approved by the Financial Controller (FC) and General Manager (GM) of the business units.
- Supervising and managing the Central and Revenue Accounts Assistant and Credit Controller and Central Accountant including providing effective performance feedback in yearly reviews.
- Assisting the FC with the preparation of the monthly reporting of the entire financial results of the business in established corporate formats and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (locally and as established by Corporate Office).
A full job description will be shared upon application
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience working as an assistant to the financial controller or in a similar role
- A degree or diploma in accounting from a recognised tertiary educational institution
- Experience in managing a team
- Hospitality experience advantageous, preferably in a 5-star environment
- An ability to communicate with all levels of staff and service providers
- VAT and Income Tax knowledge advantageous
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and prioritise
- Accurate data entry & advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience in balance sheets and familiarity of accounting systems
- Group Income Protection – Group Life Insurance – Employer contribution pension
- Hybrid working
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
For more information or to apply, please contact Tairona at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 20 8600 1164