Payroll Services Director, St Albans
An exciting opportunity has presented itself and we are currently recruiting for a Senior Manager / Director level candidate within the Employer Services of a fast-growing accountancy firm.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and managing a team of four payroll professionals and a wide client base across different industry sectors.
The main purpose of the role involves providing a comprehensive payroll service and liaising with other Senior Management team members across the firm, to ensure the firms “joined up” approach is maintained.
Required skills for this position:
- Solid technical knowledge covering all aspects of payroll services, including expenses and benefits and salary exchange
- 5 – 7 years’ experience at a Management level
- Review of payrolls prepared by other team members
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strategically lead, motivate and manage a payroll team
- Excellent time management and ability to work under pressure
- Ensuring service levels are met whilst maintaining strong client relationships and an accurate payroll function
- Reliable with a sense of ownership and accountability
- Overseeing strategy
- Have focus on business development and seeking out new opportunities
- Setting up of payrolls for new clients, including transition from previous provider and dealing with HMRC and third-party correspondence including PAYE registration
- Strong client liaison skills
- Attending client meetings for existing and prospective clients
- Full client portfolio management, including billing and KPI’s
- Previous Payroll Bureau experience
- STAR payroll software experience would be an advantage, but is not essential
- Good IT skills and awareness
For more information or to apply, please contact Andrea at email@example.com or call on +44 7714 236469