Director of Finance, Montenegro
An opportunity exists for a Director of Finance to join a luxury hotel and spa based in Montenegro.
The main duties of the role will be:
- Using financial analysis, data trends and market information to anticipate needs, identifies operating/financial issues, and recommends actions to maximize financial return.
- Creates the annual operating budget for the property and provides analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for department heads.
- Analyzes ROI for capital projects prior to committing funds and, upon completion, determines if anticipated results were achieved.
- Maximizes cash flow performance of the hotel through controls on inventory (avoid excessive supply), credit and collection, disbursements, deposits and remittances.
- Review rates and recommends rate strategy to the General Manager; participates in sales strategy meetings.
Other responsibilities include:
- Follows Policies & Procedures, Delegation of Authority and Code of Business Conduct
- Maintains local fiscal accounting and tax records in order to comply with statutory & tax requirements.
- Maintains books of accounts in accordance with statutory and corporate requirements.
- Ensures assets are properly safeguarded and adequate insurance in place for asset loss and other business risks.
- Internal pro-forma reporting for both Hotel and Corporate legal entities (where applicable).
- Preparation and filing of Board Directors and Shareholders’ Meeting minutes (where applicable).
- Assists external and Statutory Auditors (local requirement).
- Relationship with Banks (opening/closing accounts and other matters) and Attorney for Fiscal (VAT & Tax) disputes/refunds/claims and other matters related.
- Participates in local recognized professional and industry organizations
- Manages hotel contracts (example: vendor leases and/or service contracts).
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serves as manager on duty.
Candidates should have:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Business / Finance, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Professional accounting or finance designation or certification preferred
For more information or to apply, please contact Andrea at email@example.com or call on +44 20 8600 1160